Saturday, June 21, 2008

Today is a PRESENT!

"Today is History, Tomorrow is Mystery, BUT Today is a Gift... that's why it is called 'PRESENT'."


This is one of the lines that i copied from the movie, KungFu Panda, where the master WuWei encourages the disappointed Panda to believe in himself when people around him do not believe the fatty him is the chosen one. Thou it is a short phrase, it has brought great joy and amazement to my heart as it has profoundly revealed the grace that God has shower to everyone in this world.


Grace, how would you define this word? One of the good definition I have heard so far is that Grace is when you get what you don't deserve, and Mercy is when you don't get what you deserve. For me, instead of straining my head to come out with the best definition for the word, I would prefer to discover the grace that God is pouring in my everyday life.


Today is a gift to you and to me. It is a PRESENT from God to everyone who is breathing now. The Bible tell us that we are breathing now because God breathe into man the breath of life and man become a living soul. That's why I am so grateful that every morning I can wake up with a deep breath and enjoy the aroma of freahy brew coffee. =)
Have you ever seen a death body? I saw many while I was having my forensic class, and I had even dissected one for post-mortem study. It was a thought provoking experience... when man is breathing, he is a human just like you and me, but once the breath of life left man, no matter how great or how little one's life was, 'man' has become a 'lifeless object' or we can call it 'thing'. This reminds me of the Scriptures saying, our body is just a temporary home for our soul. So one of the crucial questions which we need to ponder: have you found your eternal home?
For me, I believe the Bible has provided me THE ANSWER. I pray that you can give it a try. =) Till then let enjoy our everyday life as it is a PRESENT that is given by the love and the grace of God. Make the best out of everyday alrite. =)



No comments: